Monday 21 November 2011

The Body: Simple Potraits

^^ That's George.
<-- And that's Nicola.

Two people that were happy to model and stay still as long as they could for me as a fumbled around for far too long composing, metering, focussing, then composing again, then checking again. And again. And again as I struggled to take a photo before it took too long.

I got there eventually both times however, and I'm very happy with these results. The idea behind these two portraits was to mimic the traditional type of portrait, where the model simply sat for the photographer, without the shot being too fancy or complicated. simple outdoor daylight with exterior backdrops give a natural sense to the pictures that I think just works.

Sticking this idea of simplicity, I would like my Portrait section to feature clean, simple portraits, with very minimalist backdrops to help maximize attention on the subject. I am as of yet undecided as the the specifics of what I would like to do for my Portrait studio shoot, it depends on who I am able to get to model for me for the specified allotted day.

No comments:

Post a Comment