Monday 21 November 2011

Rembrandt Workshop

We recently had a workshop session in-studio about the use of Rembrandt's Lighting technique.

Rembrandt lighting: Quite simple; one light on one side, one reflector on the other. That's pretty much it.

The workshop went great and was a lot of fun,It was a good chance to get to grips once again with studio light setups and I got to use a Bronica medium format camera for the first time, now I just wish I'd checked the focussing more closely...


Every single shot on the roll of film from the workshop that I took was slightly out of focus, primarily due to the fact that I was unfamiliar with the camera. But this was only noticeable when in the darkroom printing the pictures, because the slight mis-focus was not visible on the negative itself.

The day was not a complete failure however, because with my being typical me, I had my 7D with my also for any other shots I wished to take, I was lucky to one portrait in particular which shows Rembrandt lighting rather nicely:


Yes it's colour and yes it's digital, but the fact of the matter is, it's still a portrait. And one i'm actually proud of at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment